Top 10 Signs That Your Co-Worker is About to Leave For a RTW Trip
For 6 years we discussed and planned our round-the-world (RTW) trip. But the one thing we could never do was mention any of these plans with our co-workers until 6 weeks before leaving. And boy were they surprised! To us, the signs were pretty obvious that we were getting ready to leave and can’t believe nobody figured it out.
So, if anyone is interested in what these signs are, here is a list we compiled that can help identify people getting ready to leave for the adventure of a lifetime:
- They mention having a yard sale… every weekend!
- They have become walking encyclopedias of travel information including knowledge about entry/exit visas and the required vaccinations for each country.
- Their calendar is blank after a certain date.
- They complain that their arm is sore from vaccinations… and it’s not even flu season!
- They are hesitant to take on new, long-term assignments.
- They have a permanent grin and a dreamy expression.
- They get really excited anytime someone mentions travel.
- They suddenly know a lot about blogging and web design.
- For no apparent reason they are learning a foreign language(s).
- After years of not buying new clothes, suddenly they are sporting new high performance and quick dry clothing from North Face, Columbia, Marmot, and Kuhl.
Now that you know what to look for and you do come across an co-worker showing these signs, be sure to congratulate them on the sacrifices they are making and their commitment to following their dreams.
If we missed any signs of RTW fever, feel free to add your own below!