In Lviv, Ukraine we got to see how they make hard candy. So, in this blog you will learn how to make hard candy.
Let us talk about how hard candy and candy canes are made.
Steps of Making Hard Candy
1. First you wipe down the counter with grease so the candy won’t stick.
2. Add the ingredients to a pot.
3. Put the pot on a stove and get it to 300° Fahrenheit. Stir constantly.
4. When it gets to that point of 300° Fahrenheit pour it on a counter.
5. Fold the candy over and over with a scraper until it cools.
6. Cut the candy into 2 parts.
7. Add some flavor and add some of the color to 1 of the parts of candy.
8. After you add flavor and color you will work the candy till it is all mixed.
9. After the candy is worked, you put part of the non-colored candy on a hook and stretch it over and over again until it turns white. The candy turns white because gets little air bubbles in it.
10. When you done working it, put all the pieces together and make a candy burrito.
11. After you are done making the burrito shape it.
Tada there you go. Now you have a candy cane. I got to taste 2 flavors of lollipops. They were pretty good. It was interesting watching them make the candy.
The Recipe to Make Candy
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon flavor
- food coloring
Other Supplies Needed
- Plastic gloves
- Candy thermometer
Now you know how to make hard candy.