Everything about the Eiffel Tower that you ever wanted to know
The history of the Eiffel Tower is so weird. The Eiffel tower was built for the world expo in 1889. If the Eiffel tower did not win there would be a giant guillotine. The tower won in first place and the guillotine won in second place. If the guillotine won it would be like “It is okay.” I think the guillotine would not be here today if it won. One time a person hated it so he ate lunch on it so he would not have to see it. People used to think it was haunted. One time, a guy jumped off it with a parachute that he made and died. This is amazing what you are about to hear. It took 3 years to paint the Mona Lisa and 2 years to build the Eiffel tower. But the Mona Lisa is 36 inches and the Eiffel Tower is 1,063 feet. It was the tallest building in that time.
I think Eiffel Tower is awesome. I climbed to the second floor and then waited in a really long elevator line to go to the top. You can take the elevator all the way to the top. The stairs only lead to the second floor. Then you have to take the elevator the rest of the way. The first floor view is okay. The second floor is like wow. The top is like WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You can see all of Paris. It was REALLY windy at the top.
Facts about the Eiffel Tower
- The Eiffel tower was built to stand only for a little while. But they put a radio tower on the top and the Parisians said “YES, LETS KEEP IT.”
- They use the tower for stuff like advertisements, for fireworks launchpad and a radio tower.
- It takes 60 ton of paint to paint the Eiffel Tower.
- They paint the Eiffel Tower every 7 years.
- There are 720 steps to the 2nd floor.
- There is a post office at the bottom. If you want to climb the Eiffel Tower, you should bring a postcard. They will stamp it.