I went to the amazing Rabat Zoo. The Rabat Zoo is awesome, because there are friendly animals. A good way to start your huge tour of the zoo is with the cute and funny farm animals. The baby goats are so cute, but they get really scared when you try to get close to them. The baby goats might come close to you to check you out, but do not put your hands close. They will run away again. The chickens look like they are rock stars, because their head feathers are in a fancy way.
If you get lost there is a map showing all of the zoo, even the farm animals. You can see the cheetahs get fed at 2:30 pm, if they are out. Sadly, they were not out for us. If you want to see the animals get fed come early and on a sunny day. If it is rainy they will not come out.
We saw some monkeys playing and pushing each other on a cliff. It looked like one was going to fall off at any moment into the water. There are friendly animals in the zoo. They will follow you, because they are interested in you. They are probably saying, “Hey, look at that creature. They look funny and nice.” Some of the friendly animals are the mongooses, goats and merkats.
Here are some of the animals I saw: hyenas, birds, rhinos, lemurs, lions, crocodiles, cape buffalos, monkey and last of all hippos. My favorite animal was the foxes, because they were so cute.
Here are some facts about the animals I saw:
- Hippos and crocodiles can live together, because the hippos are really dangerous. Crocodiles are afraid of them.
- Hyenas are really smart. Hyenas eat leftovers from other animals, but they also hunt. Here is their strategy for hunting. One of the hyenas will go in and confuse the heard. The weak one gets separated and then other hyenas will attack the weak one.
- Ring tailed Lemurs are endangered. People keep on cutting down their homes for logging and farming.
- Cape Buffalo are so dangerous that lions never dare to attack alone. They are dangerous because of their razor sharp horns. They can run really fast and are in a heard.
- Nile crocodile will eat anything and will eat up to half their weight in food at a time. Nile crocodiles weigh up to 1,650 pounds.
- A hippo will live up to 45 years and can run faster than a human.
Now you know all about the Rabat Zoo.
Suzanne Westcott-England says
Hi Sydney! My 10 year old daughter and I love your post. Thanks for all the interesting information. We leave for our RTW in September of 2014, so it’s nice to follow your family’s trip. Please keep blogging so we can follow you! Lilly will have to keep a blog on our trip and it will be new to her. You should be so proud of yourself!
Regards! Suzanne and Lilly
It would be fun to meet up with you along the way! If you go to Paris, don’t be surprised if you don’t see any elevators in Paris. Take the stairs on the Eiffel Tower!!!!
That zoo looks awesome Sydney! I love the pictures too!
The zoo was awesome 🙂
Hi Sydney ~
This was a fun post to read, I always enjoying reading your updates. Pretty interesting to learn that a hippo can outrun a human since the hippo has such short legs and they’re quite fat! I think you have an amazing classroom and the best possible learning experiences. Keep writing!
Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying my blogs. “:twisted:” “:oops:” “:mrgreen:”
Oops! Something went wrong. We were trying to do smilies and it did not work 🙁