Did you know that there is a Prague Eiffel Tower? I saw it and it was fun! Today you will learn about the Prague Eiffel Tower.
The Prague Eiffel Tower was built two years after the Paris Eiffel Tower. The Prague Eiffel Tower’s real name is Petrin Hill Tower. The tower is 63 meters high and is made out of steel. It was built in 1891. The tower is a major tourist attraction in Prague. The tower has 299 stairs, which is a lot. We climbed the stairs. It was tiring work. But the Eiffel Tower in Paris has more. It has 1665 steps. THAT IS A LOT OF STAIRS!
Did you know the Prague Eiffel tower only took 4 months to build? The Prague Eiffel Tower was built by the Czech Republic club. They built it because they were inspired by the Paris Eiffel Tower. My reward for climbing the tower was a great view and ICE CREAM. The ice cream was strawberry orange. It was good.
Facts about Prague Eiffel Tower:
- The Tower has a great view. On clear days you can see Snezka Peak 150 KM away. I did not see Snezka Peak.
- You can still climb the tower today.
- The tower has 299 stairs.
- They moved the Tower to Petrin Hill after it was built.
- It is smaller than the Paris Eiffel Tower.
- To get to the Prague Eiffel Tower, you can either spend 30 minutes climbing up the hill or you can take the Funicular and be there in about 5 minutes. We took the Funicular.
Now you know about Prague Eiffel Tower